Cape Air Goes Green
A demonstrated strong connection to host communities is a long-standing Cape Air priority. Our community involvement has focused on philanthropic giving, leadership and volunteerism. Through the Sustainability Initiative Cape Air is acquiring new skills and resources that can be applied to the benefit our host communities.
- Contribution to the Green Mountain Power Renewable Development Fund to support the purchase of Cow Power for Rutland/Southern Vermont Regional Airport.
- Working with communities to explore renewable energy applications.
- Assistance underwriting a business plan for a community housing project that will combine housing, economic development, and agriculture in a green environment.
- Habitat for Humanity team builds involving dozens of Cape Air volunteer employees in helping to build affordable homes.
- Partnering with Nantucket for implementation of first electric vehicle charging stations infrastructure and Cape Air electric baggage delivery vehicles.
- Participation in beach clean ups with local communities in the Caribbean.