Sustainability Partnerships with our Communities
A demonstrated strong connection to host communities is a long-standing Cape Air priority. Our community involvement has focused on philanthropic giving, leadership and volunteerism. Through the Sustainability Initiative Cape Air is acquiring new skills and resources that can be applied to the benefit our host communities.
- Working with communities to explore renewable energy applications
- Habitat for Humanity team builds involving dozens of Cape Air volunteer employees in helping to build affordable homes
- Partnering with Nantucket for implementation of first electric vehicle charging stations infrastructure and Cape Air electric baggage delivery vehicles.
- Employees participate in cleanups and environmental activities world-wide
- Employees are encouraged to use 20 hours of paid time each year to volunteer on sustainability projects in their communities
- Cape Air participated with local, state, and federal government programs to bring the first electric cars and charging infrastructure to Nantucket, MA
- Cape Air hosted and sponsored the first-ever Electric Car Show on Cape Cod
- Contribution to the Green Mountain Power Renewable Development Fund to support the purchase of Cow Power for Rutland/Southern Vermont Regional Airport