Traveling With Pets & Service Animals
We gladly accept live animals on our Cessna 402 flights. Pets are not allowed on any flights operated with the Britten-Norman Islander.
For travel on the Cessna 402, advance reservations are recommended. Only one pet per aircraft may be booked confirmed space. Live animals are approved for travel on a first-come, first-served basis. Multiple live animals from the same family are permitted on the same aircraft; however it is possible that, due to space or weight constraints, the passenger and pets may not be able to be accommodated on any particular flight. Multiple live animals from different families are not permitted on the same aircraft.
There's a $10 fee per animal, each way. Discount coupon book holders travel with their animal for free.
For travel only between Hyannis, New Bedford, Nantucket or Martha’s Vineyard, dogs may be transported with or without a kennel under the following conditions:
- A dog not exceeding 35 pounds in weight may be carried on the passenger’s lap or on the aft shelf of the cabin.
- A dog 35 pounds or more must be properly restrained with a leash, harness or similar device and situated in such a location so as to not obstruct access to the aisle or exit. This location is typically behind the last row of seats. Pets must not exceed a maximum weight of 120 pounds per animal.
- The ability to carry pets pursuant to this provision is determined by the airport authorities of the airports we serve and is subject to change with or without notice.
Cats always need to be in kennels. Upon arrival, health certificates may be required by local authorities, depending upon the route over which the pet is traveling. If you are traveling to Anguilla (AXA), a pet permit is required. For more information, please go to the Anguilla Department of Agriculture website at .
Pet & Other Live Animal Embargoes:
Additional seasonal or route-specific restrictions, or “embargoes,” may also apply depending upon the aircraft size and/or the code share partner policy in place at any point in time.
- Nevis, WI - No pets are accepted for travel for any flight to/from Vance W Amory Airport in Nevis, WI.
- Culebra, Puerto Rico - No pets are accepted for travel for any flight to/from Benjamin Rivera Noriega Airport in Culebra, Puerto Rico
- Virgin Gorda, BVI - No pets are accepted for travel for any flight to/from Virgin Gorda Airport in Virgin Gorda, BVI
- Britten Norman Islander Aircraft - No pets are accepted for travel for any flight operated by this aircraft type.
Cape Air permits Service Animals (physical support animals, emotional support animals and psychiatric support animals) to accompany passengers free of charge as noted in this section. Advance reservations are recommended because, for important safety reasons, Cape Air is only permitted to transport one live animal per aircraft unless the animals are from the same family. Only one live animal per aircraft may be booked confirmed space. Live animals are approved and carried on a first-come, first-served basis. Should a passenger with previously booked space for his/her Service Animal or pet be confirmed on a flight and another passenger with a Service Animal as defined by this section desire to be boarded, Cape Air will seek out all alternatives available including offering the passenger with the pet confirmed space on the next available flight. Only if no options are available will Cape Air offer the less desirable alternative to the passenger with the Service Animal of traveling on a later flight. Service animals accompanying disabled customers or government officials are carried at no additional charge to the customer, subject to policy herein.
Advance reservations are recommended.
To advise us that you will be traveling with a live animal or if you have any questions, please call a Customer Service Representative at 1-800-CAPE-AIR.
For more information, see our full Travel Policy, by clicking here.