Unaccompanied Minor Service & Young Travelers
Cape Air’s unaccompanied minor service allows children in certain circumstances to travel alone on our flights. For additional information, please view our Contract of Carriage.
We have established the following guidelines:
- Children age 5 through 11 will be accepted for travel on Cape Air flights for non-stop itineraries
- Except for travel where Cape Air operates as United Express in our Micronesia region, unaccompanied minors with connecting itineraries with other airlines are not accepted for travel.
- For travel on Cape Air routes operated as United Express in Micronesia, connecting flights are available for children ages 8 through 12 to other United flights, but not to any other carrier. A service charge applies for unaccompanied minor services in Micronesia, as well as for services on connecting flights.
- There is no additional service charge or escort fee levied by Cape Air for any routes other than Micronesia, however the unaccompanied minor is not eligible for discounted children’s fares when traveling under this policy.
- Young adults age 12 through 17 may travel independently as Young Travelers on either non-stop or connecting Cape Air flights. The age at which a Young Traveler is permitted to travel unaccompanied for connecting itineraries with other airlines is the age as defined by the major airline partner to or from which the Young Traveler is connecting.
- Parents or guardians may request a person 12 or older be escorted as if he or she were an unaccompanied minor for travel on online, non-stop Cape Air flights.
When taking your child’s reservation, we will request telephone numbers for parents or guardians. At check-in, you will also be asked to provide names, addresses and phone numbers for you and the party meeting your child. We recommend checking in early to ensure there is adequate time to complete the required paperwork. You will need to stay with your child until the flight departs. We will require the party meeting your child to show proper identification before releasing your child to that party.
The welfare of unaccompanied minors is a matter we take very seriously. If there is a possibility that you child’s flight may be delayed, terminate at an airport other than the minor’s destination, or misconnect for any reason, we may change your child’s flight, including the departure date. Unaccompanied minors will be in the presence of Cape Air’s representatives at all times.
|Ages 1- 4||Not accepted.|
|Ages 5 - 11||Accepted: children ages 5 - 11 are required to be escorted as an unaccompanied minor.|
|Ages 12 - 17||Accepted: may elect to be escorted as an unaccompanied minor.|
|When flying on Cape Air flights||Accepted on non-stop flights only.Unaccompanied minors are not accepted on the last flight of the day.|
|Transfers to other airlines||Not accepted.|
|Service charge||No charge.|
|Fares||Unaccompanied minors are not eligible for a discounted child fare.|
|Positive identification||Positive identification is required for the adult named on the form before custody can be transferred.|
|Irregular operations or flight diversions||Please call our reservations department at 866-CAPE-AIR.|
|Escort by parent/guardian||The responsible parent/adult/guardian must escort the minor from the counter to the gate and remain until the flight is airborne. A gate pass may be required in some cities.|