It has been determined that certain electronic devices could cause minor interference with aircraft navigational instruments. Therefore, restrictions on the use of personal electronic devices are necessary.
- Cellular phones must be turned off prior to walking on the ramp to board and must remain off until entering the terminal at the destination.
- Portable music devices, tablets and electronic readers must remain off during takeoff and landing.
- Passengers may always use any medically-prescribed, physiological instrument, such as a hearing aid or pacemaker.
Devices that are not permitted for use at any time include:
- Battery-operated personal air-purifying devices
- Portable oxygen concentrators (except on ATR-42)
- Radio receivers and/or transmitters (including AM/FM/SW, CB and scanners)
- Remote-control toys
- Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices