|How to Apply||The Cape Air-JetBlue
University Gateway Program
The JetBlue University Gateway Program Partnering with Cape Air
The University Gateway Program is designed to provide a planned pathway with structured education, training and experience that will enhance the skills of young aviators – all with the goal of becoming successful first officers for JetBlue. The program provides undergraduate pilots the opportunity to work as interns at Cape Air or JetBlue. Upon graduation, they gain valuable experience as university flight instructors. After completing that commitment, they join Cape Air as captains. This program is a unique career pathway giving students the opportunity to obtain the skills and experience necessary to eventually become a pilot for JetBlue.
View the the Careers in Aviation video posted by ISTAT featuring JetBlue First Officer Shanti Merriman. Shanti was one of the first graduates of the Cape Air-JetBlue University Gateway Program.
There are a number of steps that a student must complete in order to be eligible for a final interview at JetBlue.
These steps include:
- Interview with Cape Air and JetBlue as an undergraduate at our Partner Universities
- An industry internship
- Graduate from an AABI accredited program
- Flight instruction at the University
- Flying as a Captain at Cape Air for approximately 2-3 years
We currently partner with the following Universities for the Gateway Program:
- Bridgewater State University
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University – Daytona and Prescott Campus
- University of North Dakota
- Jacksonville University
- Auburn University
- Inter-American University
For more information, email [email protected] or look for us on campus, or visit your career services coordinator for more information. Or, check out JetBlue's site, jetbluetalentgateway.com, for further detail on the Gateway program.